Friday, December 4

Do you celebrate Chanukah? Why or why not?

I started another conversation, but split it into two parts. Feel free to add your own comments below.

Do you celebrate Chanukah? 
Why or why not?

SW: Yes.. as a time of re-dedication, a time to celebrate the miracle of God preserving the Remnant..

JR: No, because the temple is gone.

GG: Yes, I do celebrate this even though there is no temple right now. I think it is a good thing to remember the great victory that came through YHWH as He used the Maccabees to win a great victory against an evil ruler. It is something for us to think about deeply as we are nearing the time of this very same thing happening to us. It won't be too long from now until we see the persecution happening here in America to us believers and the Jewish people. It will be happening and soon and we might just fix our eyes on the victory that has happened so that we can look to YHWH to bring it about once again for us in the later days to come.

MC: Yes because Yeshua did.

DK: Is there proof He did? I really want to know, not a rhetorical question :)

DH: Yes, because Yeshua did....John 10

MC: It's not a commanded feast day but Yeshua did celebrate.

MS: DH: Chanukah is also known as the Festival of Lights, as you may know. This goes back to the re-dedication of the Temple. I long time ago I did some research and found out that the Temple re-dedication fell in the fall/winter. If I recall correctly, and I may be off since it's been a few years since I've done the research, but the particular year that is mentioned in the Bible, the re-dedication fell at the time the Bible said Yeshua celebrated the Feast of Dedication in John 10:22.

I'll have to see if I can't find my research on it. It went into a bit more detail.

MR: Yes, it is a time of remembrance and celebration for the miracle of the oil, temple or no. Yeshua did celebrate it. G-d did not command it in Torah, but it is in Scripture.

KW: Yes. Tradition.

MC:The problem we've had over the last 8 years is that people think that we've replaced x-mas with Chanukah. Not so, we didn't do Chanukah until 3 years after we dropped x-mas until we were certain it wasn't an abomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment